I just wanted to start on some little known and some big known things that happen on this day in June.
- June 5, 1955…Eddy Arnold Day was declared in Nashville.
- June 5, 1955…Elvis' mother, Gladys Presley, awakened suddenly convinced that her son was in danger. At that moment, Elvis' first pink Cadillac caught fire while he was en route from Fulton, Arkansas. Elvis was unharmed.
- June 5, 1964…David Jones and the King Bees released their first record, "Liza Jane." Jones later changed his name to David Bowie to avoid confusion with the Monkees' Davy Jones.
- June 5, 1968…The favorite for the Democratic Party nomination for president, U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy was mortally shot after a rousing speech in Los Angeles. Kennedy died from his wound the following day.
Just some fun facts that I thought you would enjoy for today. Now on to the freebies:
- Dearie Dolls Digi has my beast friend
- Rasberry Road Designs has sparkle and shine
- Creative Bug Digital has some free time (nice for father's day)
- Handmade by Paula has word art for a front of a card for Dad's day
- Beary Wishes has beautiful beach toys (site correction)
- Bross Art addiction has some beautiful word art/sentiments.
- Diane's Digital Designs has cool pitcher of lemonade
- Design by Z has quote to download
- Anji's Antics has a couple one is and iris. My irises are just now blooming,
- Crafting with Jack has a page of freebies here
- TLC has Wed word art that describes me. Paulette has it hands down
- Spyder's Corner has wonderful crazy papers.
- Dee's Delight has some Fathers day freebies and links to get more just follow her pointer.
Okay, that is all for now. Maybe Misty may have more for you later. ~ Josie
- Meinlila Park has cute dog baby tags